Welcome to the Lin Research Group in the Department of Biomedical Engineering at Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI). The lab is located adjacent to Indiana University School of Medicine at Indianapolis, the capital city of the State of Indiana.
We are part of the IUPUI Purdue School of Engineering & Technology and are affiliated with Indiana University Simon Cancer Center, Indiana Center for Diabetes & Metabolic diseases, and the Weldon School of Biomedical Engineering at Purdue University.
Our research focuses on designing multifunctional polymeric biomaterials, including hydrogels, nanoparticles, and cell surface coatings, for releasing therapeutically relevant agents and for delivering adult, stem, and progenitor cells for tissue engineering and regenerative medicine applications. Our research projects are highly interdisciplinary and integrate knowledge from polymer chemistry and engineering, bioconjugate chemistry, biochemistry, cell and molecular biology, and immunology. If you are interested in joining us, please send your inquiry to Prof. Lin.
- The lab welcomes three new members: postdocs Drs. Fang-Yi Lin and Min Hee Kim, and PhD student Chun-Yi (Wilbert) Chang.
- Former lab member Britney Hundson's hypoxia-inducing hydrogel paper was recently published on Emergent Materials.
- Gino successfully defended his PhD dissertation! Congratulations, Dr. Liu!
- The lab receives a grant from the Walther Cancer Foundation. This is the Tier 2 award of the Oncology Physical Sciences & Engineering Embedding Program (Co-PIs: Drs. C. Lin, M. Ivan, and H. Konig).
- The Lab welcomes two summer students: Rishi Das (NSF REU program) and Anthony Tam (Indianapolis Project SEED/STEM program). They will be working on various aspects of bioengineered microgels for tissue engineering applications.
- Congratulations to Han, Kevin, and Dustin for successfully defending their MS theses.