- John successfully defended his MS thesis and has another manuscript accepted for publication in RSC Advances. Congrats!
- Tanja's MS thesis has been awarded the Distinguished Master's Thesis Award by the IUPUI Graduate School! The Graduate School has also nominated her work for the 2017 Midwestern Association of Graduate Schools (MAGS) Distinguished Master's Thesis Award! Congratulations, Tanja!
- The Lab has two papers accepted for publication in Acta Biomaterialia (Liu HY et al.) and Journal of Applied Polymer Science (Greene T et al.). Congrats!
- Hannie has accepted a research engineer position at Cook Medical. Congrats!
- Hannie's paper: 'Tuning stiffness of cell-laden hydrogels via host-guest interactions' has been accepted to and featured on the front cover of Journal of Materials Chemistry B. Congrats!
- Prof. Lin has been appointed as an Honorary Scientist and Advisor on Agricultural Science & Technology by the Rural Development Administration of the Republic of Korea.
- The lab says farewell to Dr. Tsai-Yu Lin, who has accepted an industrial job as a senior scientist. Congrats on the new job!
- This summer the lab welcomes two visiting scholars from S. Korea (Drs. Kwang-Gill Lee and HaeYong Kweon).
- Prof. Lin has been promoted to Associate Professor with tenure.
- Hannie successfully defended her PhD dissertation. Congrats Dr. Shih!
- The Lab welcomes a new graduate student Matthew Arkenberg!
- Our paper "Designing visible light cured thiol-acrylate hydrogels for studying HIPPO pathway activation in hepatocellular carcinorma cells" was featured on the back cover of Macromolecular Bioscience.
- Hannie has been selected by Purdue University College of Engineering to receive the 2016 Outstanding Graduate Student Research Award! Congrats!
- John receives a Graduate-Professional Educational Grant for supporting his travel to the 2016 ACS National Meeting in San Diego. Congrats!
- The lab welcomes a new PhD student, Hung-Yi Liu.
- Hannie has been selected to receive a Joe Bourland Travel Award and an A. H. Ismail Interdisciplinary Program Doctoral Research Travel Award from Purdue University to attend and present her research in the 2016 American Chemical Society Spring Meeting. Congrats!
- The lab receives a Pilot Funding for Research Use of Core Facilities from Indiana Clinical & Translational Sciences Institute.
- Tanja successfully defended her MS thesis. Congrats!
- Tsai-Yu and John’s co-author paper has been accepted to Macromolecular Bioscience. Congrats!
- John’s first paper on PEG-silk hybrid hydrogel has been accepted to Journal of Applied Polymer Science. Congrats!
- Tanja’s first paper on modularly crosslinked gelatin hydrogel has been accepted to ACS Biomaterials Science & Engineering. Congrats!
- Dr. Tsai-Yu Lin has been promoted to Research Assistant Professor! Congrats!
- Hannie successfully passed the final stage of qualifying exam and is now a PhD candidate! Congrats!
- The lab receives a Research Support Funds Grant (RSFG) from the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research to study the Hippo pathway in hepatocellular carcinoma cells in engineered 3D matrix.
- The lab says farewell to Krista and welcomes three new graduate students - Brent Hukill, John Bragg, and Camron Dawes.
- Prof. Lin was invited to participate the 2015 US Frontiers of Engineering Symposium, an annual symposium held by the National Academy of Engineering. About 100 outstanding engineers under the age of 45 are invited to discuss cutting-edge developments in selected engineering topics.
- Hannie’s photoclick PEG-CD hydrogel paper has been accepted to Biomacromolecules. Congrats!
- Prof. Lin has a review paper about crosslinking chemistry of biomimetic PEG hydrogels accepted to the journalRSC Advances.
- Hannie has been selected by the School of Engineering and Technology to receive a Purdue Research Foundation Doctoral Research Grant. Congrats!
- Tanja won an ECTM poster award from the ‘Engineering Cells and Their Microenvironment’ Special Interest Group (SIG) in the 2015 SFB annual meeting. Congrats!
- John presented a poster in the 2015 IUPUI Research Day.
- Prof. Lin organizes (with Prof. A. Kloxin of University of Delaware) a symposium ‘Advanced Hydrogels with Hierarchal Structure for Biological Applications‘ for the 2015 SFB Annual meeting.
- Hannie and Tanja each has an abstract accepted (oral and poster presentation, respectively) to the 2015 Society for Biomaterials annual meeting in Charlotte, NC.
- Hannie has been selected to receive a Joe Bourland Travel Award from Purdue University to attend and present her research in the 2015 Society for Biomaterials annual meeting. Congrats!
- Prof. Lin has been selected to receive a Faculty Early Career Development (CAREER) Award from the National Science Foundation (NSF).
- Our new review paper about thiol-norbornene photo-click hydrogels is featured on the front cover of Journal of Applied Polymer Science. Check out the cover and the article here.
- The lab is featured in the 2014 BME department newsletter. Check out the newsletter here.
- Hannie’s “Visible light-initiated interfacial thiol-ene photopolymerization for forming islet surface conformal coating” manuscript has been accepted to Journal of Material Chemistry B. Congrats!
- The lab has an invited review paper on thiol-norbornene hydrogels for tissue engineering applications accepted to Journal of Applied Polymer Science. Congrats!
- John Bragg receives a UROP grant from IUPUI Center for Research and Learning. Congrats!
- The lab welcomes a new undergraduate researcher - Krista Hakola. Welcome!
- “Gelatin hydrogels formed by orthogonal thiol-norbornene photochemistry for cell encapsulation” is one of the Top 10 Most-accessed Biomaterials Science articles.
- Former postdoc Chang Seok’s paper on thiol-ene hydrogels for modeling pancreatic cancer cell behaviors in 3D has been accepted to Biomaterials. Congrats!
- Former postdoc Chang Seok accepts an Assistant Professor position in Department of Biosystems and Biomaterials Science and Engineering at Seoul National University in Korea. Congrats to Professor Ki!
- The Lab receives another NIH R21 grant: Adaptable hydrogel platform to study pancreatic cancer. This is a collaborative project between the Lin Research Group and Dr. Murray Korc at IU School of Medicine.
- Our orthogonally cross-linked gelatin hydrogel paper was featured in the front cover of the August issue of Biomaterials Science!
- The Lab says farewell to Dr. Chang Seok Ki, Elaine Hao, Zach Munoz, and welcomes two new undergraduate researchers John Bragg and Timothy Emmel!
- Tsai-Yu’s paper on manipulating hepatocyte cell fate in 3D has been accepted to Biomaterials. Congrats!
- Elaine successfully defended her MS thesis. Congrats!
- The lab receives another research funding support from 100 Voices of Hope for Breast Cancer Research to develop drug analogs for treatment of bone metastasis. The lead PIs of this project are Dr. Hari Nakshatri (IUSM) and Dr. Hiroki Yokota (IUPUI BME).
- The lab receives a FORCES (Funding Opportunities for Research Commercialization and Economic Success) grant from IUPUI OVCR to develop advanced hydrogel systems for simultaneous delivery of hydrophobic and hydrophilic drugs.
- Chien-Chi receives a Purdue Research Foundation Summer Faculty Research Grant.
- Zach and Hannie’s orthogonal gelatin hydrogel paper has been accepted to Biomaterials Science. Congrats!
- The lab receives an Indiana University Collaborative Research Grant (IUCRG) to develop 3D biomimetic hydrogels for functional liver tissue engineering. This work is a new research collaboration with Prof. Guoli Dai’s group in the Department of Biology at IUPUI Purdue School of Science.
- Hannie receives an Honorable Mention in the Student Travel Achievement Recognition (STAR) award competition for the upcoming Society for Biomaterials Annual Meeting in Denver, CO. Congrats!
- The lab welcomes new graduate student Tanja Greene!
- Andrew & Chang Seok’s microgels paper was accepted to Macromolecular Chemistry & Physics. Congrats!
- Chien-Chi co-organizes a Symposium on ‘Synthetic Tools for Understanding Biological Phenomena’ for theMaterials Research Society (MRS) 2013 Fall Meeting.
- The lab welcomes new postdoc Dr. Tsai-Yu Lin!
- Congrats to Hannie and Asad on successfully defending their MS thesis!
- Zach was selected as a UROP summer fellow and will continue his research in our lab this summer. Congrats!
- Four Lin Research Group members will deliver 5 presentations (4 talks, 1 poster) in 2013 Society For Biomaterials Annual Meeting in Boston (April 10-13).
- Arika was selected as one of the 2013 IUPUI TOP 100 students. Congrats!
- Chien-Chi was selected to receive a Young Investigator Award from the Frontiers in Bioengineering Workshop organized by Georgia Institute of Technology. Congrats!
- Undergraduate researcher Zach Munoz joins the lab. Welcome!
- The lab has been awarded a pilot grant from the IUPUI Biomechanics and Biomaterials Research Center(BBRC) to establish a synthetic hydrogel niche for studying pancreatic cancer cell morphogenesis.
- Andrew and Arika to present their research at IURRC18.
- Arika received a Commitment to Engineering Excellence Research Fund from the Purdue School of Engineering and Technology, IUPUI. Congrats!
- The Lab successfully hosted a 2-hr hands-on experience in biomedical engineering for a group of 17 middle school students participating in the Minority Engineering Advancement Program (MEAP).
- Hannie receives an IUPUI 2nd year University Fellowship Award. Congrats!!
- MD/PhD student Jenny Lin will join the lab for her IU/Purdue MSTP program summer rotation.
- Chien-Chi and Dr. Hiroki Yokota has been awarded a FORCE grant (Funding Opportunities for Research Commercialization and Economic Success) from IUPUI OVCR to develop Salubrinal-releasing orthopedic implants.
- Undergraduate researcher Arika Kemp will join the lab to work on a project supported by Purdue School of Engineering and Technology (Commitment to Engineering Excellence Research Fund).
- Undergraduate researcher Andrew Fraser, the 2012 IUPUI Top Male Student Awardee, will join the lab to work on a project supported by a UROP grant.
- Two years in a row the Lin Research Group welcomes IUPUI Top Male Students (Andrew Fraser in 2012 and Asad Raza in 2011)!
- Chien-Chi has been awarded an Indiana Diabetes Research Center Pilot & Feasibility grant entitled: “Biomimetic hydrogel coating for enhancing immuno-isolation of pancreatic islets”!
- Grant: Asad receives an Education Enhancement Grant (for presenting at a conference) from the Graduate and Professional Student Government. Congrats!
- Hannie receives an Education Enhancement Grant (for presenting at a conference) from the Graduate and Professional Student Government. Congrats!
- Asad, Hannie, and Kurtis gave poster presentations at the SFB Biomaterials Day in Purdue University, West Lafayette
- Chien-Chi was invited to give a talk at the SFB Biomaterials Day in Purdue University, West Lafayette
- Chien-Chi was invited to give a talk at the 2011 Annual Meeting of American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE) in Minneapolis, MN
- Kurtis presents his summer UROP project “PEG-DTT-albumin hybrid hydrogels for controlled release applications” in the CRL Poster Symposium.
- Our group has been awarded an NIH/NIBIB R21 grant entitled: “Thiol-ene click hydrogels for in situ cell expansion and differentiation”
- Asad & Hannie became graduate students in the lab!
- Kurtis named a summer research fellow from the IUPUI Summer Undergraduate Research Opportunity Program (UROP).
- Asad presents a research poster in the IUPUI 2011 Research Day.
- Asad was named the IUPUI Outstanding male student for 2011!
- Hannie was named an IUPUI TOP10 female student for 2011!
- Hannie received a BME Service Award from the department!
- Hannie & Asad received 2011 IUPUI TOP100 students recognition! (link)
- Hannie received a Commitment to Engineering Excellence Research Fund from the Purdue School of Engineering and Technology, IUPUI.
- Asad received an Undergraduate Research Opportunity Program (UROP) research grant from IUPUI Center for Research and Learning.
- Undergraduate researcher Kurtis Lowery joins the lab.
- Chien-Chi received a Research Support Funds Grant (RSFG) from IUPUI OVCR for a project entitled ‘Enhance beta-cell survival & function in autocrine-amplifying hydrogels.’ (press release)
- Undergraduate researcher Hannie Shih joins the lab.
- Undergraduate researcher Asad Raza joins the lab.
- The Lin Research Group opens its door on August 2, 2010.