Welcome to the Lin Research Group in the Department of Biomedical Engineering at Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI). The lab is located adjacent to Indiana University School of Medicine at Indianapolis, the capital city of the State of Indiana.
We are part of the IUPUI Purdue School of Engineering & Technology and are affiliated with Indiana University Simon Cancer Center, Indiana Center for Diabetes & Metabolic diseases, and the Weldon School of Biomedical Engineering at Purdue University.
Our research focuses on designing multifunctional polymeric biomaterials, including hydrogels, nanoparticles, and cell surface coatings, for releasing therapeutically relevant agents and for delivering adult, stem, and progenitor cells for tissue engineering and regenerative medicine applications. Our research projects are highly interdisciplinary and integrate knowledge from polymer chemistry and engineering, bioconjugate chemistry, biochemistry, cell and molecular biology, and immunology. If you are interested in joining us, please send your inquiry to Prof. Lin.
- Matt's paper "Dynamic click hydrogels for xeno-free culture of induced pluripotent stem cells" is published on Advanced Biosystems. Congrats!
- Prof Lin has been appointed to Thomas J. Linnemeier Guidant Foundation Endowed Chair in Biomedical Engineering.
- The lab welcomes a new Postdoc Dr. Zhongliang Jiang.
- A new review paper on dynamic hydrogels has been accepted to Journal of Materials Chemistry B and will be highlighted on the journal front cover! Congrats to Matt and Han for the excellent contribution.
- Hunter successfully defended his MS thesis. Congrats!
- The Purdue University & Indiana University Boards of Trustees have approved Prof. Lin's promotion to Full Professor (effective July 1, 2020).